NRA Basics of Rifle Shooting – $190
Students will learn the rules of rifle safety, different rifle actions & operation, ammunition types and uses, clearing common rifle stoppages, selecting a rifle for intended use, cleaning & maintenance of your rifle, fundamentals of rifle shooting, fundamentals of five different shooting positions, and live fire exercises practicing shooting fundamentals & shooting positions.
- Range Exercises
- Safety & Emergency Briefing
- Operation of Rifle (safety check, loading, & unloading)
- Proper grip and hold
- Shooting positions (sitting, standing, prone, kneeling)
- Five fundamentals of shooting accuracy
- Recognizing and clearing stoppages
- Recognizing malfunction
- Live Fire Drills
- Safety check
- Loading and making ready to shoot
- Adjustments to grip and hold
- Proper shooting position and alignment to target
- Zeroing sights or optic
- Practicing five fundamental of accuracy in firing exercises
- Unloading and verifying rifle is cleared
- Practicing different shooting positions
Students need a rim fire or center rifle of no higher caliber than a .308 Win. 100 rounds of factory loaded rifle ammunition, ear protection, and eye protection (prescription glasses are permitted). Students should wear closed toe shoes/boots, collared shirt, and bring water or sports drinks to stay hydrated. class. Knee pad and elbow pads are optional.
You should register at least 14 days in advance of class to allow time for NRA to ship your training materials to us. If less than three people pre-register the class will be cancelled and full deposits refunded. Last minute registrations taken if four people have pre-registered and we have any extra NRA required training materials.
We only consider minors under 18 for training if a parent or guardian takes the training with them. We consider students between the ages of 18 and 20 on a case basis.
Payment with your registration is required If you cancel attending more than 48 hours prior to the scheduled start time of your training there will be a $50 cancellation fee deducted from your refund to cover our advance administrative costs. Cancellations within 48 hours of training are subject to a $75 cancellation fee. If you do not cancel and do not show up you will forfeit your pre-registration fee.
Please click here to review our full registration policies and details.