Defensive Shotgun Training – Individuals ($175) or Groups
Students are requried to have a basic understanding and some experience operating a defensive/tactical shotgun to take this training. This three hour training session will teach our students: how to more effectively operate your defensive shotgun; how to pattern your shotgun; choosing advantageous shooting positions; fundamentals of moving with your shotgun while maintaining accurate shooting; how to operate within a team concept.
Students will hone their skills in operating their defensive/tactical shotgun at close and mid ranges with precision, accuracy, and confidence.
- Safety Briefing
- Operation of Tactical Shotgun (parts, function, maintenance)
- Patterning your Shotgun (at various distances & different loads)
- Proactive and Reactive Reloads
- Recognizing and Clearing Malfunctions
- Shooting Positions (standing kneeling, sitting, prone)
- Movement with Tactical Shotgun
- Live Fire Drills
- Single & Multiple Targets
- Slicing the Pie (dominant & support shoulder)
- Tactical Movement with Shotgun
- Tactical Teamwork (movement, concealment vs cover, communication)
- 10-Shot Tactical Challenge
CALL TO SCHEDULE DATE
Offered as private training or for groups of 3 or more at a reduced cost per student based on size group
Call to coordinate date and time.
Students need a pump or semi-automatic shotgun with no more than a 22 inch barrel length, magazine capacity of at least five shells; single point sling (optional); minimum of 100 rounds of #7 or #8 lead shot (no steel shot); ear protection & eye protection; close-toed shoes/boots, collared shirts; hydration & nutrition. This is not a NRA certified class.
We only consider minors under 18 for training if a parent or guardian takes the training with them. We consider students between the ages of 18 and 21 on a case basis.
Payment with your registration is required to reserve a slot for a class. If you cancel attending more than 48 hours prior to the scheduled start time of a class you’ve registered for there will be a $50 cancellation fee deducted from your refund to cover our administrative costs. Cancellations within 48 hours of a class starting time are subject to a $75 cancellation fee. If you do not cancel or show up for a class your pre-payment is forfeited.
Please click here to review our full registration policies and details.